Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 22

I got to work today, and found out from the HPLC that my batch had not gone very well.  To see if it would go much further, I reheated it, but after a couple of hours, I only got a couple more percent out of it, so it had to be scrapped.  I was still able to do another batch though with a different reaction trying something new, which worked quite well, and gave me some different colored crystals which looked pretty cool.  Things are confirmed and such with Marc and Joe for Berlin this weekend.  We have our hostel booked, and I know which train I am taking as do they.  It should make for a fun weekend.  I also got to talk a bit with cousin Nathan online today which was nice.  It also rained today which had the nice effect of bringing down the temperature to a comfortable level.  Unfortunately though, it will probably be raining in Berlin as well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment