Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 28

I worked on the second part of the reaction today, which was a little more involved, but more fun as well.  We still aren't quite sure if it went exactly like it was supposed to, but if I have some crystals tomorrow, that will be good.  Suddenly I have quite a bit to do, and I like it quite a bit.  Dr. Heckmann ordered the materials for my project that I will be starting next week.  The initial calculations make it look pretty simple, but you never really know until you do it.  Either way, the final product is very interesting and it should be fun to make.  I had what was probably my last session with Oliver today, learning German.  He has vacation until the last week that I am here, but I might have another tutor if they can find one soon.  After work I made a quick stop by ALDI, because the stores in my apartment are running low (I only mention that very mundane piece, because the founder of ALDI passed away yesterday, so that was on the news quite a bit today.  I'm not sure if it was ALDI north or south, but either way, a sad day for them).  I decided to stay in tonight and study some German, which is always completely necessary for me and quite useful.  Some of the grammar and structure is coming better now, and at least a little more fluidly.  Of course there is a ridiculously long way to go, but I'm optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment