Monday, August 16, 2010

August 13

It was another pretty slow day today at work, but the good news is that my chemicals came!  That means that I will have something to do on Monday, and will be able to finish up the last reaction before it is time to be done here and leave *sniffle*.  Luckily for me, in my periods of inaction I have been able to converse with Thomas quite a bit.  He is a big fan of speaking English and having me correct him.  I say things in German of course, and ask him questions too, so it is good for the both of us.  I have been looking forward to downloading Brian's new album that he made and finished earlier this summer, and was finally able to do that today, to listen to after work.  I am pretty sure that doing something like that is against company policy, but I really wanted to hear it, and it really doesn't hurt anybody, so I did it anyway.  At the end of the day I got to chat with Nathan as well, which was quite fantastic.  After work I went looking for a German jersey at the local Sporthaus, but unfortunately, they will not have them until October.  I am not a fan of that.  Anyway, I will be in Koblenz this weekend and look for one there I guess.  It is Rheininflammen this weekend there, which means fireworks all up and down the Rhein, from Bingen all the way to Köln I believe (the Mittelrhein).  So finally this afternoon then, I was able to listen to Brian's new album (you can find it on PureVolume.com by looking for the Straits).  At first I did not connect any dots.  The name of the album was just words to me.  As I kept on listening to songs though, I kept thinking, "Wow, that sounds a lot like something we did in Mackinac" and other related thoughts like that, until maybe in the 5th song I realized that that was exactly what the whole album was about.  When I realized it I almost hyperventilated from happiness, and while listening to 'the Golden Egg' for the first time, laughed myself lightheaded.  The album was a fantastic pickmeup to my day and really put me in a good mood for the rest of the night.  I listened to it over and over again.  I would say that if your name is Ken, Ruth, Jeff or Katie you should probably listen to it (I am sure that Dan, Andrea and Scott already have).  He put to song years of wonderful experiences and memories of camping in the Straits, with an absolutely wonderful sound.  It probably will mean more to our two families, but even if you have never heard of Mackinac, or Michigan, it is still a great listen.  It was quite a timely release as well, because we really won't be able to camp at all in Mackinac this summer or even Labor Day, but now I feel like I was there anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the first song tonight before supper. Jeff had it on his computer. Brian told me he was going to give me a CD but I haven't seen one yet. He told me over the 4th of July at the CRCG that it was finished so now Jeff said it is published, whatever that means. The only one I've heard is the one about the "fort" at the Tee Pee. I look forward to listening to the rest.

    ReplyDelete