Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 27

Today was much better than yesterday, as I got to start making a side product from the campaign.  No one had done it before, and we kind of just decided to try something that we hope will work.  The method is similar, but unlike the normal reaction, there is really no easy and fast way to confirm that the reaction went, so we had to be creative with some thin layer chromatography, which was a good reminder of how it can be used.  As of now, I think it went well, but there is really no way to tell until the second part is done; at least I had something to do today, and now tomorrow as well.  After work I hung around my apartment and ran later in the evening.  It has been cooler recently which is nice for running, but the instant it gets even a bit cool here the jackets and other too-warm clothing comes out.  The lab is kind of empty without Barbara here this week, which is a little strange, but ok I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment