Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 4

Today I did a reaction as the first step in making a reference substance for another campaign.  It wasn't too difficult, but it was very colorful and fun to do.  It started out a faint orange, deepened in orangeness over the day, then when I added the final component, it turned into a thick yellow suspension, which was great.  Because everyone loves to hear about chemicals.  Luckily for me, this is my blog and journal, so I can include details that people mostly won't care about J.  After work I went with Dirk and some coworkers to the Golden Angel, a beer garden in Ingelheim where we hung out for a bit.  Dirk's girlfriend and Christians wife showed up eventually, and after looking at the plans for Dirk's bathroom that he is putting together, I got a ride home from Christian and his wife, who live in Ingelheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment