Tuesday, June 8, 2010

May 31

Today was a pretty normal/boring day.  I had a full day of doing reactions at Böhringer which was nice.  I got to talk with Barbara for a while, and we had a meeting this morning with the Analytical department.  It was fun because I mostly understood only a little of it.  Most of the parts where people laughed flew right by me (German puns are difficult to understand when you are completely concentrating on getting the gist of a sentence).  Overall though, the work days are very enjoyable.  After work I did little but work up all of the final cellulose data and watch French Open tennis.  It was threatening rain all day, so I really didn't want to get out and get dumped on.  I would have been ok, but now I finally have all of the numbers crunched.  Hopefully I can still get paid (I'm holding my thumbs until tomorrow).  I'm learning that what Prof. Pruim said is true: being immersed in German and trying to understand it all day can be tiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment