Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 27

Today church was at 11:00 and a combined service with St. Michael's catholic church, right next door.  Unfortunately I could not remember if this was the one abnormally timed Sunday or not, so I got there an hour early.  Fortunately, the grounds of the Bergkirche are wonderful for just sitting and doing nothing.  So naturally I just sat there for an hour, looking around and doing nothing.  At a couple of points, people walked past, and one man with his tiny little daughter and puppy remarked to me something in German, which I told him that I did not understand, because I am a jerk…actually because I could not understand.  He said laughed, said, "No problem" and kept walking.  I looked it up later, and he had remarked either that I looked deep in thought or melancholy.  I would like to think deep in thought.  The service was pretty cool this morning.  I am starting to know the songs better too, which is good.  One of the ones we sang today involved a lot of colors, talking about diversity; every time one of the colors was named in the song, the people with that color bulletin had to wave them in the air.  That was pretty great I suppose.  I certainly enjoyed it.  After worship I went home and had some leftovers for lunch, watched some soccer and took a wonderful nap.  I then got up, listened to a podcast, and took another nap.  Napping is fun.  I was supposed to meet the Canadian student at a Biergarten to watch the soccer match between Germany and England, however it turns out that they only have public viewings for evening games.  Quite the drag.  It was not all bad though, because I went back and watched it at the Turkish restaurant that is directly below my apartment.  It was a slow day there, so I watched it with two of the workers and who I assumed was the owner.  They were very nice about me just coming in and watching the game there by myself.  I asked of course though.  When the game finished, Germany was of course victorious, and the streets were filled with loud noises, yelling, honking and general yelling of, "Deutschland‼" by some small children.  After the game I listened to another podcast and took another short nap.  Today might have been the laziest day that I have ever spent anywhere.  I did manage to do laundry and the dishes, but really little else.  I think it was nice to just laze about.  Now I am recharged for another week of exploring culture and language maybe?  We will go with that.  Also, NCIS is on…in German of course.  The voice actor they chose for Ducky is quite hilarious, and not exactly the best choice I think.  He sounds like an old Australian rather than an old Scottish man.

No comments:

Post a Comment