Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 16

Ha, I’m writing this using the German keyboard layout. At work I’m getting so used to it, that it kind of makes sense to use it. If I get fed up with it though, changing is as easy as pressing Alt+Shift, to go back to the English layout. Today was a normal day of reactions, but most of the day was spent filling out my lab journal and catching up with that. After work I headed to McDonalds to see if I could get Wifi there. Fortunately they have it for free there. Unfortunately, you need a mobile phone to set up a T-Mobile account. I might see if someone at work can help me out with that. It takes a bit of time to get to McDonalds because it’s actually in Gau-Algesheim, but I could at least stop at LIDL on the way back and save the trip. Potatoes and apples, yum! After a sandwich and apple I went for a run to Großwinternheim and back, then had some leftover rice and wurst from yesterday, which was a fantastic combo. After some food I got my apartment ready and clean for when Petra and Edward come tomorrow. I’m not sure if we’ll end up even coming up here, but it’s good to be prepared anyway. As far as the World Cup goes, way to be die Schweiz! So much for Spanien going in and dominating. They showed the reaction of Spanish fans after the loss. They had been dancing and celebrating for the whole day, but were at that point quite quiet. Sad day for Spain, for sure; Marc at work will probably be a bit unhappy about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment