Monday, June 28, 2010

June 23

Oh man, I am shaking right now.  The U.S. just beat Algeria, in the final minute of course, as everyone knows.  My shout echoed throughout the buildings around my apartment and it was glorious.  The slightly less glorious thing was that I had to watch the England-Slovenia match instead of ours.  They did flash to ours every once in a while, but it was not enough.  Wow, what a change in mood!  Soooooo happy right now.  Landon Donovan is my hero to be sure.  What makes it even better is that during halftime I had time to head over to the corner Bäckstuber and pick up some delicious apple streusel.  Also, I bought two rolls called Roggi; eating them was like eating bread surrounded by an armadillo shell.  Perhaps I will not buy those again. 

So at work today, I did the first part of the Suzuki Kupplung for the third time.  The color looked better today though, and we had new materials, so hopefully that means good things for me.  We met the new azubi today too.  Her name is Tamara, and she will be joining us around July 15.  I don't quite know how much English she speaks, because she was only here briefly, but hopefully very little, so I can keep practicing.  I got the second part of my mini-project for Dirk done today as well.  Whew, I still can believe Donovan did it in the 90th minute.  I'm just glad we weren't robbed twice of legitimate goals.  Oh wait, we were.  No matter though; water under the bridge.  So, hopefully I get to work tomorrow and have good HPLC news, and can take care of the second part of the reaction.  I also picked up some geocaching coordinates today at work and had some good chatting with Dave and Giff.  Chatting is always a good thing, especially when reactions take 6 hours to complete.  I think that I will do some geocaching either tomorrow or Friday after work.  It depends on how long the Sportfest goes tomorrow.  That will be fun I think, and hopefully not too different than caching here.  In other news, my new project will start soon.  I'm excited, and a little nervous because no one here has done it before, and I want to do it right and have legitimate results to contribute.  Well, it looks like another quiet night of soccer, with the German match coming up at 8 tonight.  This will probably not be the end of writing today.

Well, it was loud like usual, and Germany won, which is kind redundant actually.  In other news, the full moon looks cool over Ingelheim and the surrounding area.  So that pretty much was the end of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment