Monday, June 14, 2010

June 11

Well, in terms of reactions for me it was a pretty slow day.  One of the oxygen sensitive reactants had been compromised, so the reaction only made it to about 80% which was not good enough to continue.  It was then too late for me to start it again because of the long reaction time, so I spent a lot of time filling out my e-lab journal and looking up what I have to do for the next one.

Today was fantastic though in terms of mobility because Thomas' old bike came today.  It is not quite my size, but it works swimmingly for me.  Barbara bought a lock that I can use for the summer then give back to her, which was very nice.  I can lock it up in front of my building and have much better access to the area.  In fact, after watching some soccer and tennis (S. Africa and Mexico was a great match by the way) I took the bike for a spin to the Rhein, then back to Ingelheim in a massive loop that would have taken me half a day by walking.  It was fantastic!  I'm pretty excited for the possibilities of where I can go now with this thing.  Tomorrow is a visit to Frankfurt, so hopefully that will be fun as well.  Hopefully I can catch the U.S.-England game tomorrow…we'll see about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment