Monday, June 14, 2010

June 10

I did the preparatory part of the Suzuki coupling today, with all of the crazy steps to insure that it stays flushed with inert "Stickstoff" or Nitrogen.  It was a long reaction, so I had a lot of time just to sit around and look stuff up on the internet or chat with Dirk and Barbara when they were around.  I also recorded an excellent yield on the previous reaction that I did, which was cool.  After work I watched some tennis, read some, had some food then ran a bit.  This time I remembered to record how long it took me to "sprint" a kilometer (or at least my sad version of a sprint).  It was not what I was hoping (3:52, a bit longer than my target of 3:20, but not terrible I suppose), but there is still room for a little improvement by the time Sportsfest comes around.  Apparently I'm to start some German lessons pretty soon, so I'm excited about that to be sure.  My noun-gender memorization leaves a lot to be desired at this point unfortunately.  I can't believe that it's Thursday already, the week went by pretty fast.  I think that I will head to Frankfurt for sure this weekend, it should be fun.  I'm planning on making it another day trip and heading out early.  That way I can be back for Sunday worship and to watch the German soccer match at a Biergarten "public-viewing".  There is supposed to be a public-viewing over the Rhein in Mainz as well, but I think I'll stay closer to home and try the Ingelheim local brew while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment