Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 13

Church was pretty full again this morning. This time it was because there was a group that visited on a bus trip. It was nice to have a full church to be sure. Also, there was a different pastor this morning. I’m understanding more and more of what is spoken, but am still woefully insufficient in comprehension most of the time. It will come I suppose; hopefully sooner rather than later. In the last couple of days I’ve also discovered how much my Spanish has really suffered. I really hope it comes back quickly with some study. After church I ate the spaghetti and bratwurst that I prepared on Saturday then went for a nice long bike ride to tour some of the surrounding towns. It was a nice day for it, but my butt hurts from the seat, quite a bit. It was certainly worth it though, because the countryside is beautiful and the towns are picturesque (as I’m writing this, Ingelheim is being filled with the sound of carhorns and all other kinds of horns and yelling; Germany won their match against Australia maybe 10 minutes ago). I took a nap for a bit after studying my German book and using the software. I really need to get my noun genders down. It will make me a much more confident speaker; right now I hesitate the most while speaking because I don’t know which article to use. Grrrr… Naps are becoming more common for me here. I like them a lot. I read some tonight, then watched the Germany-Australia match, which has just finished. Germany pretty much dominated, to be sure. People are probably going to be pretty happy at work tomorrow. As for me, happy for them, but wish we could have pulled out the win rather than just a tie. Oh well, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment