Monday, June 14, 2010

June 9

I finished another reaction today involving a ring closing and consecutive cutting step.  It was cool, and I got to do a vacuum distillation as well.  Going to work is like having a really long O-Chem lab with really fun and knowledgeable people to hang out with.  It's great because if I do something wrong, they immediately tell me.  Fortunately I have a better idea of how things work, so I am making fewer procedural mistakes.  I also know my way around the lab better now.  There are really only a couple more reactions for me to do in the campaign, so that is exciting.  Also, tomorrow is the first part of the Suzuki "kupplung" coupling that I get to do!  At this point I'm planning on traveling to Frankfurt on Saturday.  Barbara gave me a bunch of ideas for things to see, so that should be fun.  Other than that it's been a quiet night of reading, listening and trying to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment