Saturday, July 3, 2010

June 30

I am writing this the day after it happened, and kind of coming up with a blank. It wasn’t a very significant day I am wont to believe. Work was fine, and I think that I may or may not have done a reaction. After work I did some German exercises, and I read one of the stories from a German book that I bought for children. The gist of the story that I read, is that there are two girls in a class, who like to hang out and say things to each other when the teacher is not there. They also like to spy on the boys, and become friends with another girl in the class through this spying. The way I read it though, it sounded like they thought that the other girl was a boy for a while, which I am pretty sure was not the intention. I’ll probably read the story again tonight to see if I can’t get a better idea of what is going on. Reading German is not like reading Spanish or English, or anything that I have done before. It is hard to get used to a different sentence structure, especially when they are long. The smaller vocabulary part of is difficult to be sure, but the sentence structure is what will probably take the longest to learn. Another notable thing was that I discovered Toto’s “Africa” today, which is a delight . Whenever I hear them say ‘Serengeti’ though, it makes me laugh, because they really want to force in the idea of Kilimanjaro being like Mount Olympus. Anyway, that is neither here nor there. I also found a legitimate German pop song that is in fact in German, and that I enjoy listening to. So yeah, today was reading and listening I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment