Friday, July 16, 2010

July 14

I continued my ongoing project to increase yield today.  It is certainly repetitive, but that also means that I am getting good at it.  I had no problems with hazardous chemicals today, which made me quite happy.  I did however destroy a dropping funnel by knocking it over with my elbow.  That was less than awesome, but no one was hurt.  Overall though, I got the reaction done on time and smoothly.  Ramona visited yesterday (the Azubi before Tamara, whom I worked with during my first couple of weeks), and today the Azubi before Ramona came (Iris).  She is from the north, and spoke very quick German, in the Platt manner.  My lesson with Oliver went well again today, and I learned a lot about the cases and how they modify a couple more words.  We had lunch today with some of the people that Dirk first worked with at Böhringer, which was cool.  Tonight I went for a run which turned out to be not such a good idea.  It started out fine, it was just quite hot.  Then it started turning dark and within five minutes it was getting gusty and nasty.  Then it started sprinkling.  All the while I could have turned back, but why would I ever do that?  It turned out that I ran through the middle of a thunderstorm, from start to finish.  Looking back, I would probably not do that again, because I returned among massive downed branches.  On the plus side though, it motivated me to run really quite well and fast.  I guess that's something.  It was also quite cool to run in the rain; that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment