Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 5

I feel kind of repetitive, but today I repeated a reaction with Barbara, but used starting materials from a different source.  Things went well, and I have more to do tomorrow, which is always a good thing.  The results came back from my project that no one has done before, and my product was decently pure, considering that I forewent a recrystallization step as was suggested to me.  The important thing though, was that it was the right product, which was confirmed by NMR.  That was exciting.  The new azubis came today as well (an azubi is an apprentice for the job that Dirk, Barbara and Sabrina do).  Ours is using a desk in another lab area, and I'm not sure what will happen when that person comes back.  We will just have to share I guess.  I introduced myself to another one very briefly, who seemed a little out of it.  His name is Stefan as well, which is probably the second best name a person could have.  After work I mailed some postcards and got some groceries.  This weekend I will probably pick up some more postcards, so hopefully more will be coming.  I can't promise that you will get one, but you might~.

No comments:

Post a Comment