Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 17

Last night I intended to get up somewhat early and see how far I could get going south on my bike.  Well, I woke up and it was raining.  So instead I had a lazy morning inside waiting for the rain to stop.  Then I took a nice long bike ride in the afternoon for quite a ways between Ingelheim and Mainz.  It was picturesque, warm and hilly, so naturally it made for some good training (even better because my rear tire is not full of air, so I really had to work for it).  It ended up being a nice ride and a good day, in spite of the early rain.  I also got to see quite a bit of the Kreis Bingen-Mainz area.  There are a lot of windmills just chilling out there.  I like to see that.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Glad to hear you are on the bike. Karla will be happy to hear you spent some time with her friends. I think Nathan had his jaw surgery yesterday (8/3) I'm going to call Laurie and see how he is doing. I go to cousin's coffee in Grand Haven tomorrow. I'll send you an e-mail.
    Love and hugs ( ) ( ) Mom

    ReplyDelete