Monday, May 31, 2010

May 28

Another day, another reaction. Although in this case it was the same reaction; I did it much better this time of course, already having an improved idea of what goes on and how in terms of procedure and whatnot. Still too much to fail at and figure out. I guess there will always be though. Today after work I changed some dollars at the bank. One of the younger managers already knows my name (the one who set up my account), and he made the process much easier for me. Then it was off to LIDL, the main competitor to ALDI here in Germany and maybe Europe. The last two times I’ve shopped, it’s been quite cheap. Some things here are smaller, like bread and some are larger like yogurt, but it seems like groceries are cheaper overall, despite the €/$ difference. I tried to get a book today also, from the store around the corner. Dad had a card in my dictionary from Calvin’s library way back in the day for Kafka’s Metamorphosis. Unfortunately they did not have the book. I’ll look elsewhere, or maybe find another German book to try and read. After talking with Barbara at work today, I’ve decided to visit Mainz for the day tomorrow. I couldn’t get Marc and Joe to go with me, but I think it will be a good experience for me to travel alone by train. At least it will be interesting. I finally figured out my television set today. Apparently when I turned it on before, it was on the black screen channel that doesn’t let it register that the set is on. The French Open is on of course, so it was nice to watch some tennis and hear German announcers. Dubbed movies are popular here too, so I watched parts of some, and some German dramas. A quiet night to be sure; I have to be ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment